In its latest episode of AskMadhav, the video show in which Realme India’s CEO answers handpicked questions from the fans, Madhav Sheth had announced that the company is set to hold a launch event on May 4.
As per Sheth, this event was supposed to be the biggest launch event for the year yet.
However, as a fresh development to this, Sheth has now announced on Twitter that the company has decided to postpone the event given the state of the country.
“After careful consideration, realme has decided to postpone the upcoming smartphone and AIoT products’ launch along with anniversary celebrations. In these difficult times, let’s focus on contributing as much as possible.
Stay home, Stay strong! We will be back soon,” said Sheth in a tweet.
At this event, the company was supposed to launch a MediaTek Dimensity 1200-powered smartphone. Realme had launched the Realme GT Neo in China last month, which was said to be rebranded and launched in India as Realme X7 Max.
Besides this, the company was also expected to launch the next Realme smart TV with features like Hands-Free Voice Control with Dolby Vision and Audio experience.
Recently, Sheth had revealed on Twitter that the company is set to launch a new 43-inch 4K TV. In a reply to Twitter users, Sheth also implied that the company may launch a new 49-inch / 50-inch TV size TV as well.
The new date of the launch event is expected to be announced in the coming weeks.